I've been building a small collection of video games for a while, and I'd love to talk about it here!
You know what's a really cool vibe? Listening to the Dynamite Headdy soundtrack while browsing through the feed and Districts. No questions, just do it.
(PS: flappyshoot is still in development, I had to step back and do school, but the next version will be up very soon).
WOW yall really like the games! Every time I add one the hit counter quadruples for like 2 days. More updates to come to Flappyshoot (title pending) very soon. I'm off (100% completely free) until Tuesday, I should have time to get some development in. Also.. I hope ya'll don't mind the little music updates here and there... since you'll be seeing a LOT more of them!5:23 PM 1/16/2021
Update 2 Dropped
Flappy Shoot is updated and ready for the web! Peep it here (requres keyboard).12:48 AM 1/10/2021
Happy New Year!
Happy New year everybody! Just wanted to do a quick update for the new year. I'll be adding new songs fairly often to the jukebox at the top of the page, that will act as my music blog of sorts... I'll upload tracks as I see fit. Also - I just turned 21! I can drink and gamble now! Kind of crazy if you think about it. I also just bought game maker studio 2 with web export! Expect to see a web port of flappy shoot in the next few days! Cheers!11:55 PM 1/3/2021
A year in gaming
God damn I sure did play a lot of games this year. I got into a lot of random franchises and I don't really regret that. Here's a short list of some of the cool games I played.
- Opoona: A really chill JRPG for the wii. Must buy as nobody knows about this game. I got a feeling it's going to be much more well known in coming years.
- BAYONETTA: I'm in love. Enough said.
- Kid Icarus Uprising: I have to say it - this would've been Nintendo's best first party video game.... if the controls were not so bad. The graphics, the pacing, the humor, and everything else about this game is a BLAST!! (it's a rail shooter + character action type of game)
- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers: A neato dungeon crawler for 3DS that should not be missed. Grab it while you still can. Also my first SMT game ever!
- Shin Megami Tensei 4: A another neato dungeon crawler for 3DS that should not be missed. It's pretty great too!!
- Ys Origin: gawd DAMNN is this game good as fuck. Using the Ark of Napistim engine, this entry in the Ys series is a prequel to the first game. As a longtime fan of the series I can say with confidence that this game is damn near perfection. BUY IT!! My only gripe is that I wish it had voice acting like Felghana did. Other than that this game is liquid gold. shit got me droolin n shit lol.
- Ys Seven: I got a really good deal on this game. 37 Dollars complete in box on PSP. It's not a bad game, just much slower than the games I prefer. The boss battles are pretty neat. The long dialouge isn't. Ys is known for it's great combat, there is great combat in this game, I just wish there was more of it.
- Castlevania Dracula X Chronacles: My mom got me this for xmas. Thanks mom. Such a great game. The controls on Richter Belmont are a bit.... odd. But they really are not that bad. I can't wait to unlock symphony of the night!
- ASTRAL CHAIN: My brother got me this one for xmas. Thanks bro! Platinumgames does it again folks! Such a beautiful, enticing video game this is. I have to play it more but I'm enjoying the worldbuilding!
- Cloudpunk: A really nice adventure game! I'm playing it on switch.. it's groovy!
- Dissidia Final Fantasy 012: I'm not really a fighting games guy.. but this one is really nice! It's like playing through an anime with them big fights in open fields! I never played the first game and have no idea what the fuck is happening but I'm having fun :D
- Crystalis: ooooo boi this is a cool action RPG! The combat is really fun and so is the music. No wonder why people call it a classic... it totally is!
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade: The music? Check. The graphics? Check. The gameplay? CHECK!! THE STORY? CHECK!!! Vanillaware has sure outdone themselves in this beautiful beat em up adventure. I can't wait to play 13th Sentinel!
- SIN AND PUNISHMENT??? STAR SUCCESSOR??????: me trying to explain this game to you
Actually doing it
Like I said before, I am training for an eventual switch to game development. As my first public project in some time, I will be using Game Maker (for now). I made this demo in Game Maker 7 Lite. The goal was to combine the cool elements of a game like flappy bird with the exploration aspects that come with a platformer. You can download a windows executable here. If you don't have a Windows PC, you can see a video demo here. I will be buying GM Studio soon so don't kill me pls for using this edition. TIP: JUMP then try moving around!6:10 PM 12/26/2020
I got the job!
I've been prepping for a position at a company for a while and I finally got it!
Still some things I have to learn before accepting the position. But I am excited!
Also happy holidays!1:01 PM 12/25/2020
There's a lot more to this story.
What's this? Another redesign? Yup.
I noticed that the last redesign was really pretty, but not really.... succinct. It was strange to use and a bit too janky for my taste. It was all over the place... in a bad way. The splash images were too big and it made the page slow to load.
Besides! This design is really clean and now that I have a better handle and design sense, I can make this place a lot more mobile friendly.
I'm Yudosai. I make websites, code, and write music. Currently moving into game development. I love music, video games, art, animation, and history. Based in Brick City, NJ
thanks for stopping by